Segments of “Hermitage” е-Navigation testbed
As for its location and functions the testbed is divided into a number of segments.
Based on a territorial criterion, a maritime and river segments of the testbed can be distinguished.
The maritime segment including the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland (under the jurisdiction of the Russian Federation) is an area of responsibility of the North-Western Basin Branch of FSUE “Rosmorport”.
The river segment including:
• the Neva river, its estuarine and river area,
• Ladoga lake, its lake area,
• part of the Svir river: sluice area
belongs to area of responsibility of the Administration "Volgo-Balt" FBI.
As for equipment functionality of the testbed maritime and river segments, following sections can be distinguished:
• shore section,
• ship section,
• pilot section,
• experimental models of river and maritime segments.
Shore maritime and river segments include Automated e-Navigation workstations (AWS) having both traditional functions of Vessel traffic management system (VTS), and additional functions of e-Navigation. In total, 2 maritime and 3 river ARMs are arranged.
Main maritime ARM is arranged in Petrodvorets (suburb of Saint Petersburg), in the VTS center (previously, "Raskat").
Additional maritime ARM is located in the 41th berth of the Bolshoy (Big) port of Saint Petersburg in the office of harbor pilot service of FSUE “Rosmorport”.
Main river ARM is arranged in Schlusselburg in the office of Vessel traffic management service (VTMS) of the Administration "Volgo-Balt" FBI..
Additional river ARMs are located in the in VTMS (Sviritsa settlement and Otradnoe town).
Ship segment of the testbed includes:
• for maritime component part of the testbed: 7 pilot items of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) customized for tasks of e-Navigation,
• for river component part of the testbed: 5 pilot items of Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems for inland waterways customized for tasks of e-Navigation,
Pilot segment of the testbed includes 5 (in total 10) pilot items (Pilot personal units) for maritime and river segments to inform skippers, pilots and shore services about navigational situation, position, conditions of fairway, and weather conditions for sailing.
Experimental models of river and maritime segments are presented by equipment samples which are unique for the Russian market:
• pilot items of two independent on-line automated level measuring posts (river segment),
• pilot items of two synthetic AIS AtoN (one GSM, and one with SBD Iridium - river segment),
• pilot items of Systems for remote transmission of ENCs and other information (maritime and river segments, patented)
• pilot item of Automated hydrographic trawling complex (AHTC - river segments, patented).
Automated hydrographic trawling complex is a unique development not only for the Russian market. It has a world-class novelty.
Boundaries of the testbed on online map.
For your convenience, an online map with marked boundaries of segments and areas of the testbed is presented below.